Life science startup PROSION has found an innovative way to form potential drugs against a variety of hard-to-treat diseases from modular building blocks – addressing targets that are so far considered as undruggable.
- Address: Luxemburger Strasse 53
- City: Cologne
- Country: DE
- Mail: email@example.com
- Phone: +4915730338800
- Contact person for business: Mutlu Yönel
- Contact person for science: Slim Chiha
PROSION established a toolkit of Proline-derived modules (ProMs), which can be combined into effective drugs for the above mentioned undruggable targets – finally making them druggable.
Pharmaceutical & drug discovery start-up | Healthcare | Life Scienc
Technology and USP
PROSION established a toolkit of new and patented pharmaceutical building blocks, which can be effectively assembled into potential drugs for disease-related, undruggable targets – finally making them druggable. The innovative building blocks (ProMs) represent the world’s first peptidomimetics of the PPII-helix and were used in an initial proof-of-concept, to successfully address a particularly difficult target, that plays a key role in cancer metastasis – yet considered as undruggable.
Development until now
An A-team, consisting of scientists and entrepreneurs, with the support of highly experienced executive leaders, aims to exploit the value & potential of ProM building blocks through the following two streams:
– Stream I: The commercialization of the ProM toolkit for pharmaceutical companies and academia, enabling them to pursue independent research on (undruggable) targets.
– Stream II: The development of ProM-based lead compounds either for drug discovery or biomedical research in collaboration with key partners (corporates or academia).
PROSION ’s financial year 2020 is funded by two public grants for innovation. A €1.1 million funding will be required as of 2021 – mainly to finance the on-going oncological drug discovery projects.
– Slim is responsible for scientific development and strategic management.
– PhD in Cologne (Organic Chemistry) and training at Bayer HealthCare AG.
– Experience in organic synthesis (ProM-scaffolds), drug discovery and lead optimization (ENA/VASP Inhibitors).